Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wednesday February 16th 2011

The wind is blowing but it is nice out, cloudy but warm enough to go out in shirt sleeves!!  I think the next week is supposed to be in the 80s which I can handle.

I have been thinking about how long to stay here and I think that next month we will start paying by the week and when the time seems right we will leave.  We would stay until the end of the month but there are places we want to stop and people to see and taxes to do when we get back if we don’t do them here.

We aren’t doing much today, I have been outside with Sparky.  I can doze in the lawn chair but after and hour or so the chair becomes very uncomfortable.  Dale and Velda came over and we sat outside and talked for awhile, actually I think we laughed most of the time at a peculiar subject, toilet paper!  You say you wonder how toilet paper can be so funny???  Me too!  We just started talking about it and the subject just kept ballooning.  Dale was teasing Velda about spending so much time in the store in the toilet paper isle reading the labels!!  Linda got in on it with me buying recycled toilet paper, now that led into more “stuff”.

We decided to go out for supper to a place our neighbors told us about called Pier 67…

100_2337

This is a very small place, I think it had four tables maybe five…

100_2334

This is our waiter/cook.  He was a very nice guy and easy to talk to.  He is checking the bottles of hot sauce for the hottest to the coolest.  Velda is trying to figure out what kind to  get for a friend.  We did try some of them and they were HOT  -  Habanero hot!!.

Just a picture of us getting ready to eat.  Dale and Velda got shrimp baskets and Linda and I got fish tacos…

100_2335

The toilet paper subject didn’t dominate the evening but it didn’t go away either.  We had some really good laughs tonight.

Dale took us to Harbor Freight to look around.  I was surprised that it was just about two blocks away for the grocery store we like “Sun Harvest”.  I wanted to check for wood splitting wedges.  They had them and I bought two of them.  Now I have my toys to take back home.. I got an axe, a sledge hammer, a maul or single edge axe and two wedges….

100_2339

I think all of this together was about $49.  I will have to get a new handle for the axe I imagine but I may not use it all that much either, will have to wait and see.  We may go to Pulga again because they have handles there.

Well, that was pretty much it for the day.  Had a really nice day and will take it easy tonight.  Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment