Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Saturday February 5th 2011

Beautiful sunny day but very chilly.  Car has a lot of frost on it so it is still cold.  The wind isn’t blowing so maybe it will warm up.  Fact is by this afternoon I was sitting outside in the lawn chair and enjoying the nice weather.  It isn’t real warm but the sun was really nice!!

Took a picture of the banana tree here in the park, it didn’t do well…

100_2277

I heard that it froze two years ago and it came back so maybe it isn’t completely dead.

I think we took it pretty easy this afternoon and just hung out.  We have plans tonight to go to the San Juan Basilica down the road a few miles.  We followed our neighbors, Darrel and Cindy and their friends…

100_1994

100_2006

This was really different for us, the music was a Mariachi Band which did an excellent job.  I was surprised because if have heard the Mexican bands before and the are pretty loud but they really were good.  I think I have a picture of them…

100_2271

The picture isn’t real good but they were really spread out.  I took a video of them playing a song but I can’t find it!!  Got to be here somewhere.  I took it with Linda’s camera.  I will keep searching for it.

After the church service we went to a Mexican restaurant called Garza's.  The food was authentic Mexican and not to bad!!  Linda got taco’s  and I got Carne Quesada and it was pretty good…

100_2273

I took a picture outside which didn’t turn out.  I should have used a flash I guess.  It was pretty blurry.  We had a good time tonight and made some new friends.  They are talking about coming back next year.  We are also thinking about it.  Darrel and Cindy on the right are from Austin TX and David and Karen are from Michigan close to Ohio.  Had a very good time with them..

Back home at the camper we are going to take it easy.  I had to do some driving in the dark and I don’t really like doing that.

We went to bed at our normal time.  Started getting chilly out again so the furnace got to work again tonight…..Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment