Friday, February 11, 2011

Thursday February 10th 2011

This is a miserable morning!!  The wind is blowing and it is cold!!  I can see blue sky so maybe the sun will shine!  Actually didn’t shine until it was going down.  It was overcast most of the day.

We got propane this morning, cost $16.50 for 5.9 gallons.  We have filled up quite a few times the past six weeks.  I haven’t figured out how he calculates the cost.  He told me the first time I filled up it was $3 per gallon. That is good enough.  Hasn’t come out to $3 any time that I have filled up so I’m not sure what they are charging but this time it was good because it was less than $3 per gallon. Other times I think it has been more than $3 per gallon.

Our neighbor Janice likes cats.  She adopted one here that she named patches.  Very nice kitten, or cat.  There was another that she couldn’t get tamed down enough to get it.  I think she named it Razz.  It isn’t a tame cat but I think she(?) likes Sparky.  She likes to tease him anyway….

100_2294

100_2295

He was within about four inches of Razz and Razz to a gentle swipe at Sparky and I figured that was enough. Razz still has his claws and Sparky doesn’t understand what she could do to him.  I have to restrain him because I think he would really like to play with her.

We took a ride to Home Depot this afternoon.  I wanted to find some foam insulation for under our slide out to try to stop a little of the cold wind from coming in.   Wal Mart didn’t have it but Home Depot did.  Got six packages of it and when we got home I plugged up the front slide and will do the back one later.

We took a ride over to Sun Harvest, a really nice grocery store and wanted to look for rice flour.  They had it!  I’ve been looking on the internet for rice flour bread recipes.  Found a bunch of them and found one that was easy.  We also bought a couple of steaks and I bought some soy flour.  Trying some different things.  I don’t know anything about soy flour but am going to try it anyway.

When we got home I tried to bake some “rice flour bread”.  I guess it turned out OK, looks good and tastes good, only it tastes like corn bread and has the same consistency and corn bread is a lot cheaper but this may be healthier…

100_2298

I forgot, when we left we stopped at Taco Express.  Thought we would try some Mexican place to see if it was good.  It was very busy and we were the only Gringo’s in the place!!!  The food wasn’t bad, I tasted mine all afternoon!!!!!!

100_2297

Linda got chicken fajita tacos and I got the beef.  There is a plate of beans on the bottom of the picture, that plate is actually a saucer for a cup and the beans on it were about 2 tablespoons and cost $1.50.  Linda got cheese on here tacos and that was another $1.50.  The lunch ended up being good but expensive! 

Well, our night was pretty quiet, not much going on.  Watched a little more TV and called it a night…..Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment