Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tuesday April 27th 2010

Cloudy this morning and it rained a little last night, not much but looks like it may be kind of wet today.  Steve stopped by this morning with his mower. Rick and Steve usually mow Aunt Virgie’s lawn but Rick is heading out tomorrow for North Carolina and Steve is really busy so I figured as long as I was just waiting (for the camper) I may as well mow the lawn.  He brought the mower and weed eater and plenty of gas.  The clouds went away and it started warming up so after lunch I was able to start mowing.

100_0129

As you can see the dust is flying.  The rain didn’t do much for keeping the dust down.

100_0130

I had a good time mowing.  Had a little trouble with the drive belt.  It came off once so I kind of babied it the rest of the day.  Linda had to help my put it back on.  It is under the seat where there really isn’t a good place to get at it and the clutch had to be depressed to make slack in the belt.

100_0131

I like mowing lawns.  You can see after you are done that it looks decent again (for a couple of days).  Got a couple scratches from the bushes that WERE so beautiful.  The flowers are almost all gone now.100_0132

I know this doesn’t show up well but these are blueberries, only they are green.  I just noticed them as I was weed eating.  There are bushes growing up with them, not sure what they are but they really grow fast. I took a picture of one.

100_0135

This picture was taken very close, about 8 inches away.  The flowers are very fragrant and very small.

Rick and Connie made it back from Hernando and Destiny is doing well.  Doesn’t know what happened but I guess it was pretty scary.

Our supper last night was kind of amusing.  I made a cheese omelet. I over cooked it and you could eat it like pizza, in fact I cut it like pizza, guess I should have taken a picture of it.  Linda is starting a pork roast for tomorrow. Sounds good to me.

Aunt Virgie has had a couple of weak spells today.  Seems to be happening a little more often.  Linda and I feel helpless, we can imagine what Aunt Virgie feels like. Lets just praise the Lord for His goodness!

Night yall….

1 comment:

  1. Don's jealous. He likes riding the lawn mower, too. :-))

    ReplyDelete