Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday April 16th 2010

Well, after looking at the days on the side of my blog, I think I may have deleted Tuesday the 13th  HMMMM.  So much for Tuesday I guess, I think that was the day we came down from Missouri.  I may be able to recreate it if I need to.

Today, we are planning on going to the Crosby Arboretum in Picayune with Rick and Connie.

100_1810

This is part of the Arboretum.  Picture place.

100_1817

This is the only goose we saw but look at all the turtles!!  I didn’t try to count them but we were given bags of food at the entrance to the Arboretum.  They were a lot of fun to feed and watch.

100_1819

There were many different types of foliage and flowers and plants.  All these pictures are ones that Linda took with “her” camera.

100_1823  Rick and Connie posing for Linda.

100_1837

These were pretty neat flowers (?).  They are actually insect eating plants. The straight ones have an opening at the top and the insects go in and can’t get back out, settlers used them in their houses to keep the flies etc down.  Ingenious.

100_1841

Now I am from up north and I found this interesting.  The ground looks dry but there is water about 6 feet underneath. The mud piles with the holes in them (I thought they were termite dens) are actually Crawdad dens (?) We didn’t see any but they are important for the bogs.  Maybe this is why they call them “mudbugs”.  The walk was long but worth it.  We stopped at Burger King afterward for a little lunch.  Brought a burger back for Aunt Virgie.  She enjoyed that.

100_1802

Aunt Virgie looks happy doesn’t she?  I think she is.  Linda made her smile.  We took it easy the rest of the day and time to check all the pictures and comment on them.  Have a great day….Bye yall…

No comments:

Post a Comment