Sunday, April 25, 2010

Saturday April 24 2010

There are still storm warnings and tornado warnings out for this morning.  It is very warm out and very humid.  There were bad storms in Yazoo City. That is quite a long distance from here.

Today is Aunt Virgie’s hair day.  I got her up later than usual and then we got a call asking if she could come in early.  Uh Oh!!  Faye Raye wanted to close up early because of the storm.  Well, Aunt Virgie got ready about 10:20 which I thought was almost a miracle. Rick took her to the beauty shop which was good, she had another weak spell. Aunt Virgie just gets plum tuckered when she has to walk.

101_0118

Her hair looks really nice.  Love that pure white hair.  My Mom had pure white hair when she let it go without coloring it.  I liked it.  I don’t think my hair will ever get pure white.  My Dad was 100 and his wasn’t pure white.

101_0120

This is one of my culinary masterpieces!!!  Looks like oatmeal but it isn’t!!  I’m not sure what you would call it.  I had a celery bunch (?) and I decided to cut and clean it.  Celery soup sounds good!!  I’ve never made it before.  I was almost done with it when Linda looked at it and asked if I put milk in it. Yep!  Her response was AGHHH.  Not quite a gag but not a nice response:-)  Anyway, this was part of our lunch and she said she would try it and Aunt Virgie tried some also.  Linda asked for MORE!!!  I think she was surprised that it tasted good and I was surprised she admitted it!!  Not really, she likes most things I fix, at least she says she does. The next picture is the ULTIMATE culinary masterpiece though.  This I have made before and is one of my favorites!!

101_0121

Doesn't that look good????  This has to be one of my favorite sandwiches! This is one that Linda won't eat.  She just doesn't know what is really good I guess. We haven't done anything today and will just watch some TV tonight.  Tomorrow is church so want to be rested.  Take care and have a great night yall...

1 comment:

  1. What???!!! Linda doesn't like PB&J sandwiches?? Bless her heart. ;-)

    ReplyDelete