Friday, April 9, 2010

Thursday April 8th 2010

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it… I’m glad. The weather doesn’t look good out, it is cloudy, windy and pretty chilly.  I definitely have things I should get done.  After doing my reading I posted my blog.  Usually I write it the day after, which is what I am doing now.  Today is actually Friday but I have all the pictures from yesterday etc.   I happened to read the flyer from Lowes and they have Azalea bushes on sale for $1.88!   I like Azaleas, we have one but I think it got some weed killer on it but it is starting to come back.  Had to stop at McDonalds for coffee and wifi then on to Lowes.  I picked out 4 different colors (I think).  They are red, pink, white and lee pu, what ever that is.  When I got home it was time to mow the lawn so I used Daniel’s mower, don’t tell him OK?  I will use mine from now on I think, his runs better and mows better but steering and shifting really made me sore.  Lawns look better now though.

100_1658

Remember these trees?  I have a solution!!!!

100_1659

Mighty Mac “the SAW” and I will shiver the timbers   AARRRR…  I can see them shaking now:-)

100_1684

Looking good!!  Now I won’t feel like Absalom when I mow under the trees. Well, my hair isn’t as long as his was though.

100_1676

Don’t I look so happy planting our Azaleas??

100_1680

I bought 10 plants and this is about the 4th one.  The bush that looks like it is dead is our other Azalea.  I have my coat on and a sweater and I am really sweating but I want to get done before taking a break.

100_1661

I heard this funny noise outside and when I looked I had to run and get the camera, I thought this helicopter was stuck in the power lines.  It wasn’t.  They are working on them.  That pilot had to be really good holding that copter in one place for a long period of time and the wind is blowing about 10-15 miles and hour with gusts over 20.

100_1672

Got a picture of them coming in for a landing just down the road from us.

100_1674

The wind was out of the north and I could smell the fumes from the engine, love the smell of burnt jet fuel.  I had a great time watching and admiring the skill of the pilot and courage of the man doing the work sitting on the rail working with mega volts.

The rest of the day was quite uneventful.  I had to rest up,  I was sore all over, mostly from the mowing….have a great one yall…

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a photo op!! I would have "flipped out" to get to take pictures of a man sitting on the landing rail of a helicopter! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete