Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wednesday April 7th 2010

100_1656

Wanted to get a picture of our Lilac Bush!!  Exciting isn’t it??  I like our lilac bush, it is very small, about 5 or 6 feet tall but I really like lilacs.  They don’t last long but I usually pick about 2 bunches before they finally are done for the season.  I like the bush even with the leaves, I think it looks pretty good, now the yellow bush, I don’t like it after the yellow is gone, it looks bad (to me).

100_1657

Now this tree, or bush, in the center had some really bad damage from the ice storm and I had to cut both limbs off but in a couple of weeks it will look very good.  The branches really fill out with leaves.  I will take another picture before heading to Branson.  The bush on the right side is the beautiful yellow bush, kind of like the “Ugly Duckling” in reverse. 

100_1658

I think these 2 pine trees are Cedars but I”m not sure.  I do know that they are really hard to mow around.  You probably notice they don’t go all the way to the ground (the branches I mean) and they hang low enough for me to get knocked off the tractor (almost).  Me and “Mighty Mac” will do a little trimming on them tomorrow I think.   The grass I planted 2 years ago leaves a little to be desired.  I planted a mixture of fescue and Kentucky Blue Grass.  The blue grass is what is growing the rest is dormant during the winter.  I shouldn’t have mixed them but I didn’t know.

We didn’t do much today, it is still warm and supposed to rain tonight.  I went to church tonight and sure enough it’s raining.  I got to sit through a business meeting and I don’t even belong to the church.  Was kind of interesting though.

Well, back at home we watched TV until bed time, Linda fixed some tacos which were really good.  Bed time…..Later  yall….

1 comment: