Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Monday April 5th 2010

This is going to be a great day I can just feel it.  We don’t have anything planned for today.  I think it is going to be another garage day.  I have the termite spray and I also have termites!  After my reading I decided to get started.  Got my ladder out and climbed up to where the worst was.  Haven’t really noticed but the previous owners left an half bundle of shingles up there.  Well that is right under where my roof leaks.   Not good.  Moved the shingles and there was the nest of termites.  Unfortunately I didn’t have the spray ready.  They were still there when I got back up on the ladder and gave them a good drink of termite juice.  Seems to do a pretty good job.  The didn’t move a lot after that.  I think these were larvae and they didn’t run to far, just back into the tunnels in the wood.   I kept moving the ladder and got the rest of it sprayed.  Hopefully it will kill most of them.   I have a small problem. All my tools are in Mississippi and I don’t even have a hammer so I guess the replacement boards will have to  wait a couple weeks.  My back still hurts but not near as bad as the other day.

We took a nap in the afternoon and when I got up I had a big decision to make…..to make or not to make bread!!  Tomorrow is Keaton and Wesley’s birthday and they kind of like my cinnamon rolls, so, guess it is time to make bread.

100_1652

This is a 9x13 pan.  Linda frosted them.  Linda also said they tasted like the ones from Thortonberry’s down in Mississippi.  We didn’t eat any of these, I had a small pan with 3 in it.  There wasn’t enough room in this pan for all of them.  We also have to try things before giving them away.  Hate to give stuff to someone that isn’t good!!

100_1651

I will have to say that the bread turned out pretty good also.  I don’t use a recipe, well, I do but I don’t follow it.  This bread has vanilla pudding in it. Not to bad if I do say so myself.   I made some the other day and we didn’t have any salt so I used garlic pepper salt.  That was quite tasty also, couldn’t taste the garlic though.  I sure have to thank Aunt Virgie for showing me how to make it.  I have a lot of fun doing it.   After we took the rolls to the neighbors we got the telephone number of Daniel’s Mom and Dad and we took a loaf of this bread over to them.  It wasn’t a repayment for the great meal they shared with us, but a “Thank You”.  We had a very nice visit with them again.

We got good news today!!  Well, I had to ask for it, but the title is on the way from out West somewhere so it should be here soon.  Also called the camper place and called Gulfstream and the parts should be in soon, hopefully this year, and the camper will be fixed.  Unfortunately Gulfstream doesn’t have very many “fixit” centers so we took it to Picayune to get it fixed.  Hopefully they will do a good job on it.

I have to ask you a question LaVon,  Why won’t this stay in bold type?   I’m not very observant but I started out in bold type and when I went to another paragraph it went back to normal.  This is a little easier to read but I don’t want to have to change it each paragraph.   Anyway, thanks LaVon for getting the blog started for us…….God Bless…….Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment