Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tuesday April 6th 2010

100_1653

Not only is this a beautiful morning the tree is starting to get it’s leaves, not naked anymore!  It is hard to tell from the picture but there are still good sized limbs hanging down (still alive) around the top.  We lost a lot of limbs in the ice storm a couple years ago.  The tree looks a little lopsided but is still flourishing!  A couple years ago this was a stop over for many Monarch Butterflies.  Had a couple limbs just loaded with them.  I will have to see if I can find a picture of them.  I may have downloaded them on another computer.  I looked but I can’t find it.

We got a call this morning from Tiffany from the license bureau and she said they hard received the TITLE!!!  Things are looking up.  She told us to come in this morning and we would get things taken care of.  The State of Misery has (Missouri) a lot of set rules and I sure have a hard time following them.  We got there and I have 2 pounds of paper in a folder so I gave most of it to Tiffany and she went through it.  To make things a little shorter, I have to prove that I paid my taxes to the county, well I thought I had the receipt, it wasn’t the receipt it was a copy of the bill.  Bless Tiffany, she had me call New Madrid County, and yes, this is where the fault is, to get the verbal OK that I had paid my taxes.  I know most other government workers would not have gone the extra mile to do this.

100_1655

I just had to get a picture of Tiffany handing the license to Linda and Linda handing our rubber check (not really)  to Tiffany.  One obstacle now over, the camper is next.  I called Paw Paw’s Camper City and they said the parts had been ordered (March 15th) but no word yet on delivery date.  I called Gulfstream and they didn’t know much more either.  Soooo..guess it is just a waiting game.

We stopped at the Post Office in Matthews MO to apply for a passport.  Well, we have to go to the court house or Post Office in New Madrid or at least a larger city.  We stopped at Johnson’s grocery store, they have great meat, and we bought some hamburger for tacos and some chicken salad.  They have goooood chicken salad.  We bought $4 worth and it should last us for at least 3 meals.

We called Rick and Connie and Aunt Virgie and let them know we will be

heading back to Carriere next Tuesday (we think).  I also emailed Heidi at Compton Ridge Campground in Branson and we can go over anytime but will wait until May 10th or there about.  I bet this is boring to a lot of people but I can go back next year (because I can’t remember things) and look up what we did just like a diary.  Cool. 

Linda bought some more stuff for the Wii game.  We tried darts, tennis and baseball.  I couldn’t get tennis, Linda beat me every game.  Baseball hurt my shoulder but it was fun.  Darts was the best.  Linda couldn’t get it. We enjoyed the games though.  Not a lot of exercise yet though.   OK, I  will quite rambling…Have a great day  yall…..

1 comment: