Friday, April 2, 2010

Wednesday March 31st 2010

Another gorgeous day in the neighborhood!   Supposed to get to about 75 today.  I can handle that.  After doing my reading I went out to the garage to rummage around again.   I found Linda’s air pump.  Mine is broken.

100_1606

Yes it’s my bicycle, courtesy of Donna from Lake Pointe.  I pumped up the tires, wiped off the dust and took a picture of myself.  I also went for a ride.  I only fell down once and I can’t blame it on Bruno or the ice.  Guess I am just top heavy.  I rode about a quarter mile and found out that I am really out of shape.  I need to do that more often (without falling).  Traffic on our road it bad though and  I really hate to ride out there.  More rummaging around the garage…

100_1609

This is my riding lawn mower.  Not real happy with it but it does cut the grass.  Isn’t that field in the background pretty?  It is the field of weeds.  Creeping Charlie.  Almost looks like lavender.

100_1615

The lawn doesn’t look to bad except for the bare spot where I had the camper parked.  Need to put a cement pad there I guess.

100_1616

This was our supper.  I found (rummaging around in the closet pantry, a box of Uncle Ben’s Rice Pilaf.  This has been there for awhile.  We also had some frozen turkey broth, HMMMM, yep had to try it.  It wasn’t to bad, not something I wouldn’t want every day but was OK.   We had a piece of Italian bread left also, so I buttered it put garlic powder and Adobe seasoning on it then topped it with cheese, not to bad, then of course a salad.  The bread looked better before I took a bit of it though.

I did get to spend some time outside yesterday.  t was a really nice day.  We opened up the house for some fresh air.  It was 72 in here and I had to put on a sweater, can’t believe I got chilly at 72 degrees.  Maybe I’m getting old.  Will wait for summer though so I can enjoy some really nice hot humid weather……

No comments:

Post a Comment