Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wednesday February 10th 2010

This morning is cool and cloudy, not raining yet though.  We contacted Gene and Jane and are trying to figure out the best time to get together. I think Friday will work but need a little more planning.  I got in contact with Bill and Debra and are trying to figure out a time to get together with them also.  They are pretty busy and we are kind of busy too.  We went to HEB yesterday to get a few things. When we left I completely got lost and ended up in Mission about 20 miles out of our way.  We figured we were somewhere where we weren’t supposed to be so Linda got out her trusty little compass and found out that we were heading West instead of East.  I wanted to argue but decided I shouldn’t since I saw a sign saying Mission, which is a long way from Donna.  Before we left I started a batch of bread and was letting it rise while we were gone.  Glad it wasn’t a big batch, cause it really worked.  I finished it when we (finally) got home. Turned out pretty good.  We were going with Frank and Maggie to see a friend of theirs sing at a saloon, I think the name was the Horse Shoe Saloon.

100_1155

100_1156

This is Ronnie Furr and he does an excellent job of singing.  We stayed for about an hour and he didn’t stop singing, one song right after another.  We had to leave though, the atmosphere wasn’t to our liking and there was a lot of smoking also.  His wife, Terri, I think, is in the top picture with her back to us.  He is over 39 years old and really has a good voice.

After this we left and went back to Frank and Maggie’s and she fixed chili so we had supper with them again!!  Linda is going to forget how to cook! We are also going over for breakfast tomorrow.  Went home about 9PM and relaxed for awhile then hit the sack.

1 comment:

  1. Joel, hon, you need to get a GPS, but don't ever get rid of Linda's trusty compass!

    That name, Ronnie Furr, sounds so familar. Must do a little research.

    Thanks for making me laugh and smell that bread. Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete