Sunday, February 14, 2010

Saturday February 13th 2010

100_1166

100_1167

This is Saturday morning, pretty nice day, cool but supposed to get warmer.   Thought I would take a little walk and got these pictures of Grackles.  Now I think these birds are neat.  They are a little smaller than a crow and bigger than a black bird.  They have a unique sound.  Nothing like the “caw” of a blackbird but they have a high pitched whistle (?) and they have a grating sound that is really hard to describe.  I think the first time we came down here in the 90s was the first time I ever saw and heard one and I think I relate that time, which was really good, to now or every time I hear one.  I don’t think other people like them very much but I love to hear them talk, or sing or what ever they do.

Linda and I took it easy yesterday, got a couple things done here at the camper, watched the “Incredible Hulk” on TV then watched a “Country Family Reunion”  which lasted about 4 hours.  I’m not looking forward to the trip on Monday.  It will be about 400 miles, after we get hooked up. That is going to be one long day.  Guess we will have to rest up tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I found this great bird website with the sounds of each bird recorded and attached to their page. Here's the one for the grackle:
    http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Great-tailed_Grackle/id
    I like them too. They remind of happy memories of times at Six Flags Over Texas when I was a child. The grackles were everywhere there.

    ReplyDelete