Friday, February 19, 2010

Thursday Feb 18th 2010

100_1195

Linda took this picture as we were somewhere in Louisiana, not sure where but this was a nice scene, reminded me of the mall at the Washington Monument.  No monument though.

We didn’t plan on making it all the way from Conroe TX to Picayune MS in one day but the mini home sure drives nice and we had a great trip.  Didn’t get on the road until after 10AM so it was dark when we got to Aunt VIrgie’s home.  Wasn’t late, about 6:30PM I think. The last 45  minutes it was dark and I didn’t like that, but didn’t want to stop.  One of our lights on the back of the car doesn’t work, (running lights) and we were praying we wouldn’t get stopped.  I need to get that fixed before driving at night again.

100_1191

Another picture of beautiful Louisiana!   Actually it is quite fascinating. The weather is kind of cool but summer is coming!!

100_1190

Thought I would stick this in.  Gas was about $2.40 a gallon, coffee was a lot more than that.  The way I figure it coffee was about $14 a gallon.  I didn’t get any, I started the generator and warmed up some of my own. Not instant either.

100_1197

We made it!!  This is actually Friday morning.  Had frost on the windows. Pretty chilly out.  Rick and Steve were here to meet us and they had pizza from Papa Johns, good  stuff..  Thanks Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment