Saturday, February 27, 2010

Friday February 26th 2010

WOW this morning is pretty nice, sun shining, cool and not windy!  We don’t have much planned for today, Rick said he would take us to Fortenberry’s meat market out in the country. We would like that and would be nice to get out and see some different areas.

100_1248

100_1249

This is the place.  It is small but the really had an assortment of meats and vegetables (frozen).  I had to take a picture of what we bought…

100_1253

The top is hot pork sausage and the bottom is pork boudin.  If I have it right it is pronounced “bodane”.  This is a pork, I was going to get crawfish boudin but Linda didn’t look like she would appreciate it.  Not sure about this either but I have to give it a try.  They say it is good boiled (their preference) or grilled.  Think I would rather try the grilling.  They sell a lot of deer sausage here, I think it is one of their specialties, they have a lot of different kinds.

100_1251 100_1250

This church was out in the country and a cute little church.  Glad I took a picture of the sign, I couldn’t remember what the name of it was.  It was a very nice tranquil setting out here.

100_1252

This is just another picture of the church.  They added on to it so now it doesn’t quite look like the “Little Chapel on the Prairie”.

The rest of the day was quite uneventful.  After we got home we just relaxed, took a nap and watched TV.

Linda fixed some steaks for supper.  Steak is unusual for us.  I can’t remember the last time we had steak.   Been a long time.  When we were in Conroe TX we went to a Kroger store and did a little shopping.  I am quite frugal, and when I saw these 2 steaks for under $2.50 I just had to get them.  They weren’t old. I think they were just on sale.  If I could find more I would stock up on them, very good.  We also had baked potato, okra and pickled beets.  Quite the meal.  Virgie and I had an ice cream sandwich later, that was also very good.  Time to go to bed and let all those calories do their job!!  Good night all….

2 comments:

  1. I love older church buildings. Thanks for taking this one and the wooden sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE Fortenberry's!...We bring all our dear there to get ground meat & sausage made!...Highly reccommended!

    ReplyDelete