Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tuesday February 9th 2010

Turned a little cool this morning, have to run the heat but the sun shines part of the time and it isn’t raining.  Guess I can handle that.  We called Frank and Maggie to ask if we had planned anything today (I can’t remember).  We had made plans to go to the jam at Bit O Heaven at 12:30.  We got there early and they were there also.  The jam was pretty good.  Some of these seniors are really talented.  My pictures didn’t turn out the greatest but I will put at least one on here.  We sat towards the back and I had to hold the camera up (telephoto) to get a decent picture.

100_1137

I think this lady was kind of a comedian.  Her song was funny, it was about a spinster going to bed taking out her eye and false teeth and a burgler hiding under her bed.  The jam lasted about 2 hours.  We left just before the last singer so we could get out before the rush.  I think there were probably around 200 in the meeting hall.  After we left we went to Frank and Maggie’s for coffee.  They asked us to stay for supper so we went back to our camper and got desert and a salad.  The supper was one of my ultimate favorites….LEFTOVERS!!!  YES!!!  We had BBQ beef, scalloped corn and potatoes, FRIED CABBAGE (UMMMM), string beans, the salad Linda made and desert I made (from yesterday, the sour orange stuff).   Ate way to much…

100_1154

The picture above is Frank and Maggie and the spread, which was better than most restaurants!!  Excellent dinner!!! Thank you Maggie and Frank! After we finished the fellowship we figured we should stop at Wal Mart for a few things.  Big mistake.  Couldn’t hardly get into the parking lot, so we turned around and came home.  Watched our favorite programs and went to bed.  We have plans tomorrow afternoon to go with Frank and Maggie to see their friends, the Furrs, singing somewhere.  I will have to take some pictures of that.  Time for some sleep…..

No comments:

Post a Comment