Saturday, February 6, 2010

Friday Feb 5th 2010

100_1078

100_1077

100_1080

This is Friday and we are heading out!!  Heading toward Donna TX in the Valley, about 280 miles or so.  Top picture is Jim and Hafdis who have been here for a long time and Jim and Hafdis do a lot of the work here at the park.  The middle picture is Al and Corene and they come here for the winter from Colorado.  They also have been here a long time.  The bottom picture is Nicholas, the maintenance guy.  He is from Cuba and just got his US citizenship recently.  He is very proud to be a citizen, not only that but he is a faithful worker and very dependable.

100_1081

100_1084

The picture of the campers is right after we got set up.  I put the awning out to dry it out but it was already dry,  I couldn’t believe it.  Our other camper was really something.  I could put out the awning and I had to watch out because I would get soaked whether it had rained or not.  I think it held water.   The bottom picture is of the campground from the ridge where there is a small water viaduct.  The weather here is gorgeous.  They said they have had a lot of rain and this is the 1st day in 2 weeks that it has been nice and the wind isn’t blowing either. Can’t get online so I will have to post this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment