Monday, February 8, 2010

February 8th 2010

This is Monday, a little cloudy today but not to bad.  The temp is comfortable and I think it will be a nice day.  I decided to try to make the sour orange pie.  Can’t remember the ingredients though.  Linda says it was OJ, sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese.  Well, I had to do my own thing and added ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, and a little flour to help get it a little more solid.

100_1125

Had to take a picture of it.  I was to cheap to buy a graham cracker crust so I whipped up a flour one that didn’t turn out the greatest but it is OK. The filling turned out OK too.  Well, it tastes like a cross between cheese cake and well, something else, not sure what.  I guess it will pass.

I went to a different park today, Casa Del Valle and had an interview with a person from Adventure land.  I have a job if I want it but not sure if I really want to do that.  The best part would be being close to Sterling and Rock Falls to see family and go to the family reunion.  The job sounds OK, I think I would be working in food, not sure what kind of food but that is the department. 

We took a ride to Rio Hondo to see Gene and Jane and I think they were fishing or something. Was a pretty good ride though.

When we got home Frank and Maggie stopped by and we tried the desert. Nobody got sick so I guess it passed that test.  We went to a Mexican restaurant called Fiesta and had a great meal.  The service was also great even if it was a little slow, but they had a big party in the other room and we weren’t in any hurry.   Going to watch a little TV tonight and think about the summer job…..

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's good to know that you have a job offer if you want to work.
    I bet the pie was great!

    ReplyDelete