Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Remembering Bruno

This is Bruno, he is around 13 years old in this picture.  We are in Carriere MS now and I took a walk today around the cemetery without Bruno.  This was the first time that I walked around there without him.  I think we brought him down here about 12 times, give or take, and this was where I took him for his exercise.

100_1230

I had to put the picture of the horses, they used to be at the back of the cemetery in a pasture back there.  Bruno liked them, they didn’t like him though and one of them kicked him in the side.  Bruno didn’t fall down until he got back out beside me and he went “down”.  I thought he was going to die.  I petted him for a couple of minutes and finally he got up on his front feet and then stood.  I’m sure he was in shock.  I never let him go in with the horses again, but I don’t think he really wanted to again.  He wasn’t real smart but I think he remembered that.

100_1233

This is the back of the cemetery where the horses were and Bruno could walk through the fence.

100_1234

This is a picture from the back looking towards  the cemetery.  It was a great place to walk and let Bruno sniff everything.  That was his idea of a good time, sniffing things.

100_1235

This is by the church and the parsonage.  We never went in this way but to the left it was open and to the right it was open. Had a lot of good walks with Bruno through this cemetery.  Bruno was a good traveler and we took him with us on a lot of trips.  I think towards the last he would have enjoyed staying home though.  Laying in the backseat for hours on end wasn't his idea of a good time but he never complained, but had to catch up on sniffing when he got out to walk around.  By the way this is Tuesday February 23rd 2010 and I probably won't add any more to this.  We don't plan on doing anything today just staying around here.

100_1227

This is Aunt Virgie's house from across the street.   If I have more I will add it later....Have a great day....

1 comment:

  1. So, so sorry to hear about Bruno. We remember him so fondly for his gentle spirit and friendly attitude. Jim and Bobbie

    ReplyDelete