Friday, February 24, 2012

Thursday February 23rd 2012

Got up early this morning.  It is kind of cool and really cloudy and foggy!  Supposed to get up to 90 today, give or take.

We got ready to go and checked out where we were going to meet. Going to meet and Judy’s and follow them.  Well, things changed, we are going to ride with John and Judy.  That will be nice.  Perry was also with us.

We got to the Santa Anna Wildlife Refuge around 9AM.  Our tram ride starts at 9:30AM so we have time to get tickets and use the rest room.  The ride lasts an hour and a half.  There are twenty three of us that car pooled.

112_3486

Almost all of the people on the tram are from Seldom Rest Ranch.  Linda and I sat in the back seat.  Notice Ken and Dee have their jackets on?  It is really chilly!  No where near 90 and I don’t think it is even close to 70!  I thought about bringing a jacket but why?  90 is supposed to be very warm!

We had a nice time riding through the park but we didn’t really see very much in the way of wild life or birds except the turkey buzzards!

112_3494

Cant see them very well but they are on the Mexico side of the Rio Grande River.  I think there is a dead cow there, “lunch time”..

We stopped after we left the park, at a little restaurant called the Alamo Restaurant in Alamo.  Linda and I got a breakfast some of the others had Mexican food.  I liked mine some of the others didn’t like theirs.

When we got back to the camper (I had the air conditioner on for Sparky) we thought it would be nice to take a nap.  We left the air on because it was so muggy out and it did warm up, didn’t get close to 90 though.

All in all I think we had a pretty good day. They have game night at the club house tonight but I don’t think I will go.  I haven’t gone to any of them yet.   Night Y’all…

1 comment:

  1. I am soooo behind on reading blogs. Just can't seem to find the time and our air card minutes are getting fewer, but I just had to get a Joel and Linda fix! :-)

    Is that John and Judy Long??? Sure looks like them from the back.

    ReplyDelete