Saturday, February 18, 2012

Friday February 17th 2012

It is supposed to rain today and be cloudy but it is supposed to get up into the eighties!  I think I can handle that!

We had the coffee klatch this morning, had a great time, Jim and Sue hosted it and there was almost a record number there!  I think I counted twenty five which for coffee is a pretty good number!

Kermit had the bible study again this morning.  Bernie, Sue, Kermit and I were the only ones there but it was still a great time of studying God’s Word.  We have some pretty good discussions, well, I ask questions because I am curious about things, some of which really doesn’t matter but I’m still curious.  One of my questions was what does “Christ” mean. I always figured that was His name but it is a title and that is what I was curious about.  Sue found it in her concordance.  Very interesting!

We had kind of a weird afternoon, my spell check is doing something I’ve never seen it do!!  I spelled weird “I before E except after C” and it corrected it! I am amazed!  Back to the weird day.   Linda and I visited with Bernie and Eleanor and Bernie gave me some more information on what all to do and what needs to be done to the house.  That wasn’t weird, very enjoyable really.  Linda went to find out where the “Happy Hour” was but it wasn’t today, I think Cindy made sure that it happened every day!  Anyway she stopped to see Norlita and they spent there time talking and I went over later and talked to Andre.  Very nice couple from Quebec.  He is French Canadian and she is Phillipino but is a resident of Canada. Very fun people to talk to and very interesting.  She gave us some Phillipino noodles to try…they were delicious!!!

OK, back to the day.  I checked the mail and I got the last of my LED lights.  I am really curious to see what they look like.  The last round ones I bought were to big for the light fixtures and these have three more LEDs than the others have.  After opening the package and looking at them, they are smaller!!  I put one in and it is brighter than the larger ones, actually I think it is as bright as the halogen bulbs!  Here is what they look like…

112_3455

They are smaller than a quarter and they fit almost perfectly!!  I can read with these.  Guess they don’t really look like lights but they sure are bright and the price was about $2.30 apiece compared to the ones at Camping World for $38 apiece! Does it make you wonder why we buy stuff from China?  I’ve changed all the lights in the camper now to LED except for the shower light and the closet light.  I’m happy with most of them but some aren’t very bright but for a camper they work great.  I think I’ve spent about $60 on LED lights but I have quite a few left over that I won’t be using. 

Linda asked Sue for some help on the “line dancing” steps and she said that she would help.  We went over to their place about 6:30PM and Nancy, the dance instructor, came over and we went over some of the steps and I think we are getting better but a long ways from being good.  We have practice again tomorrow. We will see if we can remember what we learned.

Not much going on tonight, the weather report says we may have some thunder storms tonight and tomorrow is supposed to be really windy.  We don’t have our awning out and won’t put it out.  Guess some people don’t care.  They leave theirs out.

Time to say Night Y’all….

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting light bulbs. Remarkable difference in price.

    ReplyDelete