Monday, February 6, 2012

Sunday February 5th 2012

Well, the storm never really hit yesterday but we did get quite a bit of rain last night.  Really needed here.

I went to church at Mission FBC and the church service was really good. Pastor Adrian preached on the Sermon on the Mount. The part he preached on was about the building of a house on sand or on a firm foundation.  Starting out you build your home in good weather not when the storm hits.  The ‘firm foundation” is Jesus and the point he was making was to be prepared before the storm hits.  Don’t build on what is in the world but on Jesus.  It was a good sermon and he is a good preacher…

Sunday School was also good.  Still don’t know what the teacher’s name is but she is really sharp.  She has some ideas and thoughts that are really interesting.  If I was teaching I would have to go out of the teacher’s manual.

We went to Wal Mart this afternoon.  I bought a small LED light for the bedroom.  I had seem it before and didn’t get it but decided that I would because I almost always go to bed before she does and she wants the light left on which is like a spot light it is so bright.  This one works really good.  I can sleep with it on and it doesn’t really bother me but it is bright enough for her to read by if she needs to.

We also made chili today.  I was hungry for chili and the temperature is only about 50 degrees which is pretty cool.  We had three pablano peppers left so I cut them up and used three cans of chili beans and a can of chili and a can of tomatoes.  I fried the hamburger and let Linda season it.  I put about a cup of that jalapeno wine it the burger.  I tasted the meat and it didn’t really taste any different. After she added the meat to the beans I put in about a cup of the wine in it also, now to see if it tastes any different.  We let it cook for a couple of hours then had a bowl.  Wow is it hot!  I don’t know if the wine did anything to it or not but it sure was good!

Super Bowl tonight.  Not looking forward to that.  I started watching MASH but she wanted me to watch with her.  I couldn’t find mash on this TV so we watch the Super Bowl.  I thought they would have lots of really good commercials but I didn’t really see any that were exceptional.

Got to use the light tonight!!!  Works great, uses three AAA batteries so we will see how long it lasts.  The light is good for 50,000 hours and I’m sure the batteries won’t last that long.  Time for bed though.. Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment