Sunday, October 31, 2010

Saturday October 30th 2010

This being Saturday it should be an easy day to travel through Ft Worth!  Linda slept in today and I took a walk over to Burger King to get a breakfast sandwich for us. I’m surprised Tom Bodette didn’t have something for us to get us on our way!  Maybe Mr. Patel didn’t make breakfast this morning.  Did you ever notice that motels that have people from India running it are always named Patel???  Must have something to do with running a motel, I won’t say anything else because it wouldn’t be very nice, true maybe, but not needed.

We got on the road and I didn’t tell Tom Tom where to go so I had Linda do it and she had a little problem, she got it but it took awhile. We had about 80 miles to go to get to Ft Worth and I was getting anxious to know if Tom Tom would give us the right route or not.  Well, we passed I-820 and I think that is the one I wanted but I kept on going until we got to I-35W and I turned on it, Tom Tom didn’t like it.  It didn’t take long and I didn’t like it either.  Five lanes of traffic at a stand still!  Oh, there is an air show this morning and I think it is off this road. BUMMER!  Traffic jam as far as I can see!  I take the next exit and Tom Tom starts giving me new directions. I start getting frustrated because I can’t follow his instructions!  I can’t figure out getting in the left lane and making a right turn.  This happened two or three times.  After about an hour, maybe not that long, and a dozen different roads we got on one we recognized and finally made it out of Ft Worth. Remember a song about a guy stuck on the MTA and couldn’t get off because he didn’t have another dime?  Kind of how I felt for awhile.

We drove for about twenty four hours, seemed like it, and finally made it to Oklahoma.  We stopped at a little place called Wheelers for lunch…

100_1635

I ordered a hamburger steak and then Linda did to so I changed mine to a chicken fried steak.

100_1634

Can’t see Linda’s very well and I should have kept my original order.  The chicken fried steak wasn’t to bad but the hamburger steak was excellent.

I made reservations at the Days Inn in Pryor, OK and we traveled on and Linda tried to put the address in the Tom Tom but it wouldn’t take it. I think we can probably find it.  About 5 miles from Pryor we saw a Days Inn and I said that it looked like the picture on the computer and as we passed it there was the street, Mid America Drive!!  Glad I saw a picture of it because we would have gone another five miles into town.  We checked in and got comfortable.  Seemed like we traveled a long way today but it was supposed to only be three hundred miles, give or take, but after the tour of Ft Worth (and Dallas) we may have gone four hundred. 

Going to relax and figure out if we are going to make it to Branson tomorrow and where we will stay there.  See you later y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment