Friday, October 29, 2010

Thursday October 28th 2010

Beautiful morning!!!  We got up and looked at what they had for breakfast here at the Days Inn, and it wasn’t any more than they had before, cold cereal or oatmeal.  I needed the oatmeal.  This wasn’t a continental breakfast, at least they didn’t have any pastries. Mini bagels and little blue berry muffins.  The room was nice though. Linda wanted me to take a picture of the moon, can’t hardly see it but it is above the motel just to the right of the Days Inn sign and up….

100_1622

The sun is shining and it is nice and cool.  Unfortunately, we have to drive into the wind again today.  Our gas mileage yesterday was about 31 or 32 MPG, probably won’t be much better than that today.  After leaving Benson we went through something called Texas Canyon, at least I think that is what it was called.  Beautiful place if you like big rocks!!!

100_1624

100_1625

This did look unique.  Linda took the pictures and unfortunately she put the camera in her bag and I forgot it.  Will explain that in a minute.

We had an excellent day for traveling and we stopped in El Paso for gas at the Flying J.  Linda seems to always buy a soda when we stop and now it has turned into two sodas, usually a “2fer” deal.  We have pop but I think this is one of “her things” to do at gas stations.  She does share so I guess it’s OK.  Oh, the mileage on this fill up was a little over 38MPG, I’m happy!!!

We made reservations at the Ramada Inn in Van Horn TX and made it in about 5:30PM Texas (Van Horn) time.  Time changed to central time about 5 miles West of here.

We liked a little restaurant called “Papa’s Pantry”.  It seems to be one of our favorites.  We went there for supper and I was going to take a picture but (earlier) I let Linda use the camera and now it is back in the motel room.  I would like to have gotten a picture.  I had a couple burritos and Linda got a chili rellano.  Not sure if it is spelled right but anyway, it was good.  Very HOT!  Never had a “hot” chili rellano before.  We were both wiping the tears away and I guess part of that was the salsa.  Very warm.

 

100_1244

This is the little restaurant we ate at. This picture was taken when we stopped here last month.  I would recommend this place to anyone.  It sure isn’t fancy but the food is delicious!  Not real expensive either.  Everything they make is home made, well, they make it here I guess.

We had a good night, I tried to make coffee in the coffee maker in the room and it was terrible!  Not sure if it was the water or the coffee.  Even Linda complained about the smell.  Anyway, we watched some TV and then went to bed.  See y’all tomorrow……

No comments:

Post a Comment