Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Monday October 4th 2010

It is cool and rainy today.  We slept good last night, window open and fan on, nice and cool!!

We don’t have a lot to do today, I wanted to go to the Bank of the West where we have our camper financed to check and see how to get online and see what we owe on it.  We got the address off the computer for the branch in Santee and put it in our Tom Tom.  We have been there before but it has been close to a year and we aren’t real sure how to get there. I am just amazed at the directions.  The bank is on a divided street and the Tom Tom took us one block past and around the block and right to the entrance of the bank, amazing!

It took awhile for them to figure out how to do it and we aren’t sure yet if it is done right because I haven’t checked my email.  They had it all set up but the Corporate headquarters has to check out all the information to make sure it was really us.  They also gave us a number to call and we can check the balance that way.

We wanted to stop at Wal Mart and of course we couldn’t find the one in Santee until we were on the freeway and then it was to late.  There are a couple of Super Wal Marts here and I think the one we saw may have been a super one.  Not going back to check.

We went to a little grocery store called Henry’s.  This is kind of a specialty store and we wanted to check for rhubarb.  They had it!!!  It was fresh, not frozen!!  Linda is going to make a rhubarb cake.  I will have to take pictures when she does it.

I have a favorite Mexican Restaurant here, it is called Cotija’s. They have the best burritos there, YUMMMMY!

 

100_1470

I like the California Burrito.  They have french fries and all kinds of stuff in them.   Linda and I shared one, way to much for one person.

After getting back home I peeled some potatoes and onions for “voila” fried potatoes and onions!!!  We had fish sticks with them and it was a pretty good meal!

Not going to do much tonight.  We have gotten into the show “The Event” which still reminds me of Jericho but we can see already what is going on, at least some of it.  We also like the show “Castle”.  We will watch it today on Hulu.  Didn’t think I would ever watch TV on the computer.  Didn’t think I would ever write a blog either but it has come in handy, I looked back a couple of weeks to see when we came out here or something like that. 

Paw Paw’s.  I would have to look back farther in the blog to see when we left the camper there, but I have called a couple of times and guess what?  They haven’t even gotten it in the shop yet!  I think it has been close to a month now and they are still waiting to hear from Gulfstream.  I think I may have to call Gulfstream and start pestering them.  I’m not in any real hurry but it would be nice to have it done.  We will probably stay in Picayune for awhile and make sure everything works.

Well, y’all have a great day, night, evening or whatever…be happy, don’t worry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment