Friday, October 22, 2010

Thursday October 21st 2010

Cool this morning!! It is cloudy and supposed to rain but we will see what happens.  We had the window open and the fan on all night and it was really cool this morning, probably in the low 60s or high 50s.

Since Saturday is Alexa’s birthday we decided to help clean the house.  We aren’t working very hard but getting a little done. I did something that I haven’t done for quite awhile…

100_1554

I mowed the lawn!!  I haven’t mowed grass since sometime this summer when we went back to Sikeston and then I think I only did it a couple of times.   I like to mow grass. Darin and Bren have a small grassy area but the back yard is open, no grass but lots of trees and bushes.

We decided to have leftovers for supper.  We had plenty of burrito mixture and some chicken fajitas left but were running short on tortillas!  Instead of going to the store to buy them I thought I would try my had at making them!

Lets see if you can tell the difference between mine and the store bought ones.

100_1555

If you guessed the store bought one was on the left, WRONG!!  I know it is hard to tell the difference but I made the one on the left. My question is “how do they make the tortillas so round??”  I watched them make them at a restaurant and they swipe them a couple of times with a rolling pin and they are round!! Amazing!  I think it may take some practice and probably practice at mixing them up. I used oil and I know that lard is the best for tortillas, don’t have any lard though.  They actually didn’t taste to bad, I think I may try them again when we get home, maybe use some Crisco or something.

We had a pretty good evening, Bren still trying to get used to the Ipad  I was watching Dora with Alexa and Jake until bedtime and then Jake and Alexa wanted to play.  WOW!!  They have a lot of energy at bedtime!!

We actually went to bed early and the kids went to bed late.  Time to get some sleep, we are going to do a little more cleaning tomorrow.  Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment