Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wednesday October 13th 2010

Alexa is still in the hospital and they can’t figure out what is going on with her.  I’m sure that Children’s Hospital is a great hospital and they will get it figured out.  There will be some Doctors checking her tomorrow morning from Infectious Disease to see if there is something there that they can detect?  These are my words so I’m not sure what all they will do.  I do know that she hasn’t recovered yet.  This isn’t a new thing to her, she spent almost the first three months of her life in the hospital!  I’m not sure what all the problems were then either.

 

Jake is doing well, Bren had him up this morning and he was really rambunctious!  (wow, I spelled that word right the first time!).  After Bren left for the hospital I let him watch the movie “Cars”.  He really likes that movie until I got the computer out and then he wanted to do the “ABCs”.  Mom and Dad will have to let him do that on their computer.

Jake and I went bike riding again this morning! Jake is really getting good at riding and for three years old he is going quite fast and doesn’t cry when he falls.  His bike has training wheels and he goes around corners on two wheels and one is a training wheel!  Bren says she may have to get him shin guards and elbow guards. I forgot to mention that he is starting to lean in the direction of the turn (the right way I might add).

100_1507

He is also a little dare devil on his tricycle. This was a posed picture though.

Jake is quite the eater, if it is something he likes.  He had a couple bowls for Fruity Pebbles for breakfast and for lunch he had four eggs again with ketchup!  Loves his ketchup….

They have swimming class at 3:30PM.  He did not want to go.  He was tired and hyper!  I gave him a choice of swimming or a nap.  What a choice!  He didn’t want to do either.  Finally got his swimming trunks on him about 3PM, got him in the car, with his blanket, and went the mile or so to the pool.  He was almost asleep by the time we got there.  I know he wanted to go to sleep but, to late, I got him up and into the pool area and waited for his time to go in.  He did NOT want to go swimming.  I asked the teacher if he was usually like this and she said “yes”.  I just put him in the pool and about 5 minutes later he was having a ball, loves it!!

 

100_1514

My telephoto doesn’t work well but he is jumping in the pool by himself, teacher is waiting though. Now this was a real experience watching him and having him wave from the other side of the pool yelling “Hi Grandpa Floto”.  I was glad I insisted he go, he had a great time.  After getting him home and feeding him he got really hyper!  I’m not sure if it was because he was tired or knew that bed time was coming and didn’t want to go to bed. What ever, he was really active, wanted to play “Duck Duck Goose and Ring around the Rosey”  but when Grandma and I fall down, it’s hard getting back up again.  Linda had to go into the bed room while I got him ready for bed and played games and read stories. I guess it is to much activity for her:-)  Oh, I read a story, not to him but it is his book, and I’m not sure if it is a kids storybook or not.  I had to laugh all the way through it and I’m sure Jake wouldn’t understand it yet but here is the cover…

100_1515

I’m thinking that whoever wrote this book had a real life experience!  I have to laugh just thinking about it.  The dog, Walter, turns out to be a hero dog. OK enough about Walter, I finally got Jake to bed about 7:30 and about 7:45 Bren called and said she would be home.  Jake was already asleep! Linda fixed  some “Beef and Noodles” because she, Bren, hadn’t eaten. It was delicious!  Love beef and noodles!  I thought about what I don’t like, I don’t like parsnips or pancakes with eggs and syrup on them, they have to be separate.  Eggs and syrup don’t go together and neither does meat and syrup, I mean sausage or bacon.  So much for that.  Well, guess it is time to go to bed, hope I didn’t miss anything….Night Y’all…..

No comments:

Post a Comment