Saturday, October 30, 2010

Friday October 29th 2010

Had a pretty good nights sleep here in Van Horn TX.  The Ramada wasn’t to bad, pretty comfortable actually.  They even had a good breakfast this morning.  I had scrambled eggs and then I had a waffle.  I got Linda some scrambled eggs and toast.

The temperature is quite cool about 50 degrees. Will be a nice day to travel. The sun didn’t come up until 7:30AM and driving is a little difficult until the sun gets up a little higher. We listened to an audio book while we traveled.  It is getting kind of exciting now and keeps our attention pretty good.  We stopped a few times, I can’t sit all that long…..Nice rest area..

100_1629

100_1628

Wasn’t sure where to go!!

We weren’t sure where we would make it to today but ended up in Weatherford TX.  Nice little drive.  We saw this motel with the light on…

100_1631

Tom Bodette wasn’t here but we stayed anyway.  The place is pretty nice but they lack some of the nice amenities, like coffee, breakfast etc.  The price isn’t cheap either.  I got on the computer and made reservations for tomorrow night in Pryor OK at a Days Inn.  Not to far from here, a little over 300 miles.  Then on Sunday we will travel on to Branson, shouldn’t be to far from Pryor.

Got a picture of a bush, not sure if it a smoke bush or what but it is pretty neat….

100_1630

I’m having a slight problem, my Windows Live Writer has changed it’s appearance and I am having problems getting things in here, I sure hope this works….Catch you tomorrow…..

No comments:

Post a Comment