Friday, October 8, 2010

Thursday October 7th 2010

Today is Brenna’s birthday!!  Happy Birthday Brenna!!  I won’t say how old you are either, thought that would be tacky.  Bren’s mother called and asked her to come over for breakfast this morning and she said she would but had a meeting at the school where Alexa attends.  Jake got to stay home with me.  We played games and then went out to ride bicycles! We had a pretty good time!..

100_1471

100_1347

After we finished playing games and riding bikes we got the stroller out and I took him to the grocery store.  Had to get a gallon of milk and it is probably about a mile round trip, give or take a little.  Had a good walk but I had to keep him awake, I didn’t want him to go to sleep on our little excursion so I had to stop once in awhile and tickle him.

In the afternoon we were all tired and we took a pretty good nap.  Glad I didn’t let Jake sleep on our walk!

Linda is fixing Brenna’s favorite dish, or one of her favorite dishes, turkey casserole (made with chicken) and a rhubarb cake with a white vanilla sauce.  Very good but the rhubarb was really firm, not like the rhubarb from Illinois.  Still tasted good and I gave Jake a piece of the rhubarb (raw) and he liked it!!  He also liked the cake but not the sauce.

We also found out today that Jacob will be home on Saturday the 16th so we will have a little get together and Linda will make her “famous pork burritos”.  We also found out that Brenna has a meeting to go to in Chicago around the time we were planning on leaving but we told her and Darin we would be glad to stay a couple extra days to help with the kids.

I’m trying to think now if I had said anything about our camper the last couple of days.  HMMM… Well, I called Gulfstream and they said they hadn’t heard anything from Paw Paw’s Camper.  HMMMM..I just had to call Paw Paw’s again and ask them.  They said all the things I had listed were already Okayed!  I had to ask him to tell me what they were and he started listing them and I told him that I had asked Steve from Gulfstream about one of the items and then he said they hadn’t gotten it into the shop yet.  Now that is a BUMMER!!!  Been there over 3 weeks and not in the shop yet.  After they get it into the shop it will take another 2 or 3 weeks just to get Gulfstream to OK the problems that need fixing.  Guess we will go to Missouri for the election then back to Picayune.  I could probably get the problems fixed myself a lot faster than they can.  I am sure they won’t fix most of them or at least some of them and I will have to take that job on myself.  Oh well, I’m not to worried about getting it fixed but it is under warranty and if they can fix it more power to them, it will save me some money.

PS this is just a little something I wanted to add.  We don’t see many exotic fruits but these Pomegranates really look weird….

100_1475

They don’t all hang around like this but a lot of them do.  Wonder why the stem comes right out of the fruit and the head or bottom or whatever it is comes out of the side???  Weird….

OK enough for today…have a great one y’all…..

1 comment:

  1. Sure hope you get your camper fixed. That's so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete