Saturday, October 2, 2010

Friday October 1st 2010

Now is just erased the first paragraph and a half that I had started, it was about how fast this year is going by.  Seems like just a few days ago we started back from San Diego in our new camper, got a job at CRC and finished there, went to the family reunion and ended up back in San Diego again!  Glad I am keeping the blog because I have a hard time remembering when things happened so I can now go back through the blog and check it out.

OK today is the air show at the Marine Base at Miramar.  We got up early and got ready.  It is really foggy out and hopefully the air show will still go on.  When we parked I took a picture of a military transport plane and a couple of the Blue Angel jets on the tarmac…

100_1364

After looking at this picture it is the Blue Angel jets and a C130 called “Fat Albert” which is the support plane for the Blue Angels.  The picture is good, it is really foggy!  We had to walk about 2 miles from the parking lot to the bleachers where we sat and I think Linda was about done in by then. It was a very long walk.  Wonder what it will be like on the way back??? I took more pictures later, after the show started and I took a lot of video, unfortunately I couldn’t tell if I was getting anything in the video or not.  The clouds cleared about noon and the air show started.  There were a couple of things that were cancelled because of the weather but a lot of things were still going to happen…

 

100_1902

This is one of the Canadian Snow Bird planes being towed into the parking position.  I will have to say the Snow Birds put on a great show and the announcer told everything they were going to do in advance so you could watch where they were coming from.  Even in the afternoon with clear skies it was still hazy and hard to see very far.

100_1909

This was a pyro technique display that was without the air power.  It was to overcast for the planes to fly so they just set off the charges and you could feel the concussion and the heat even from as far away as they were.

 

100_1915

This is one of the better pictures I took to the Snow Birds.  The planes are small two seaters but the did an excellent job of formation flying.

100_1921

This is “Fat Albert” again. The day turned out beautiful but without sunscreen Linda and I kind of got to “medium rare”.

100_1935

The “Blue Angels” doing their thing.  This is one of the best pictures I took of them.  They weren’t in the sun.  A lot of the maneuvers were in the sun and we couldn’t see them. 

I took a lot of video there and am anxious to see if I got anything.  It was almost impossible to see anything on the view finder so I just guessed at a lot of it.

Well, when we decided to leave we started walking and Linda was already beat. Not good.  We have about 2 miles to walk and it is hot and we are sun burnt already.  Linda made it about a mile and I asked a Marine if she could wait there while I went and got the car.  He was very nice and pointed to a bus stop, in the shade, where she could wait.  Good thing, it took me about forty five minutes to get the car and get out of the parking lot.  The drive home took about a half hour which wasn’t bad considering the traffic.

We are going to relax, in fact Linda took a nap.  I had to take a shower, I really felt grungy!  I felt good after that but Linda wasn’t feeling to good. The sun burn didn’t help a bit.  We went to bed early, I couldn’t stay awake.  Hopefully we will feel good tomorrow.  Sunday Kim and Dave want to go, we sure don’t feel like it but if it is under a tent we may do it….If we make it through the night I will write more tomorrow…..

1 comment:

  1. Poor Linda. Sun-baked and exhausted. She's tougher than me.

    ReplyDelete