Saturday, December 15, 2012

Wednesday December 14th 2012

We don’t have anything planned for today except for the coffee clutch today.  I decided to go ahead and sign up again for it since no one else did.  Linda is going to make gravy and I’m going to make the biscuits and some cinnamon rolls.  I got up at 5:30AM to get it started and I had a hard time with the yeast.  Not sure if it is good yeast or not but I couldn’t get it to raise.  Hope they turn out OK.

I made 21 biscuits for the gravy and I had five left over plus there was a dab of gravy.  For the small crowd that was there almost everything got eaten. Linda took the last two cinnamon rolls to Cheryl and stayed and talked with her for about an hour.  I was in the clubhouse for about another hour talking to Don and getting things ready to take back home. (People said it was all good).

I did up the dishes when I got home so they wouldn’t be sitting around.

We watched some of the shows that we recorded last night when we went to the dance.   The three shows took up most of the afternoon.

I fixed supper tonight, had brisket, potato and vegetable.  The brisket was excellent.  We bought it at H.E.B. and divided it into 5 or 6 piece packages.  I’m not sure how many she got but we have enough to last us for quite awhile.

The shooting in Connecticut was terrible, wonder what is going on with people these days.  According to Hillary it takes a village to raise a child, the village must be doing something wrong.  Maybe the family needs Jesus, you think????  Guess the government will do it’s thing though and make everything OK.   Hogwash!

We had a shooting tonight, well, hopefully no one got hurt but it sure scared us.  Around midnight, maybe later we heard a car and about 3 to 5 shots really close together and really close, scared us and Sparky!  That was just a little to close.  We wonder about our safety now. 

Well, time to go back to sleep…  Night Y’all…..

2 comments:

  1. that is why we hasitat to come down there

    ReplyDelete
  2. we will not be coming down this year

    ReplyDelete