Monday, June 25, 2012

Sunday June 24th 2012

We stopped last night in Winslow AZ for the night.  We got a room at the Super 8 which is now the Roadway Inn.  Got a good price for the night and it was a nice room.  I talked with the clerk in the morning and he said the motel was fully booked last night and we had gotten there at just the right time.  We also got a little discount which if we had been later we wouldn’t have gotten it!

We decided to go on and stop for church at a place down the road.  We pulled off at, this is terrible, I can’t remember the name of the city but it was only about forty miles down the road.  We found a Calvary Chapel, Linda saw it, and we stopped.  We were about ten minutes early for the service which turned out to be very nice.  Learned some things about the names of some of the first people mentioned in the Bible starting with Cain and Abel. I would have to look at the sheet to see what they mean though.

Linda got a couple pictures driving down the road.  This one is old Route 66

112_3946

Just to the right you can see the old highway.  I had traveled that road back in the 1960s on the way to California.  These roads are a little nicer.

This picture is of a lava flow.  Must be pretty old, not sure when it happened though.

112_3947

The black part is lava if I’m not mistaken.  Not sure why it formed hills but it sure looks like lava!

We got lunch at a Subway at a gas station somewhere. It is pretty hot out, probably around 100 degrees but no humidity.  They are having some problems with fires.  We haven’t seen any so far but on the way out we saw one in NM at Ruidoso which according to the TV, it is still burning. Burnt thousands of acres and lots of homes.

Gas!  I don’t like to pay a lot for gas and so far we have been pretty fortunate.  There have been a couple of times I put in $10 to get us somewhere a little less expensive.  The highest price I’ve seen for gas was $4.89 a gallon and fifty miles down the road it was $3.49!  In Winslow the first gas station I saw was $3.79 and down the street it was $3.28 and the next morning the highest one went even higher!  I got the $3.28 gas.

Back to driving.  We drove on to Albuquerque NM and decided to stop for the night.  I wanted to drive to the other side of town but stopped here at the Super 8 on the West side of town.  Might hit some heavy traffic in the morning but on the news the East side of town had a problem with the electricity and a lot of people were without electricity!  We probably would have been ones that lost it and would have baked until they got the problem fixed!  I think the Lord was guiding us to stop here, we also got a good price for the night!

I will have to apologize for any mistakes here in the blogs, for some reason I can’t get back to the top to check for mistakes.  Oh well, guess that will have to be the way it goes until I get LaVon to help me get this straightened out!  Night Y’all….

1 comment: