Sunday, June 10, 2012

Saturday June 9th 2012

We got up early today, it is really cool out this morning.  If I had my jacket I think I would put it on but I’m not going to rummage through the trunk to try to find it. 

Got Linda up pretty early and we got on the road a little after 8AM!!!

We stopped at Wal Mart for a couple of things we forgot at home and still forgot a couple of other things.  May have everything by the time we get home!!

We went through the little town of Elida NM and that is the place we got our speeding ticket a couple years ago and the same place David and Marian got theirs.  It is a speed trap but still my fault for not watching the signs.  We were on a road in Texas, around Canyon Texas I think and it is a four lane highway and no speed limit signs that I could see.  The last one I saw was 55 MPH so that is what I drove.  Not fun for sure, having all those other cars whiz by like crazy.  Plenty of signs saying this was Route 70 but no speed limit signs.  We made good time anyway.

I took this picture out the window while driving, don’t tell anyone OK?  I think these feed lots are really neat.  Sure are a lot of cattle.

112_3803

This was somewhere around Hereford Texas, beef capitol of the world!  Linda didn’t like the smell.  Guess you get used to it after awhile.

112_3806

Linda took this picture and it isn’t clear enough to see the white sands national park but it looks a lot like soap suds from a long distance.  Before this we went through Ruidoso NM and we saw smoke for miles before we got there and I was sure hoping we wouldn’t have to detour around a forest fire.  Not sure there is another way around.  The news tonight said that it has burned around ten thousand acres so far and the wind is blowing like crazy and the embers blow up to two miles and start more fires.  I think they have a problem!

We made it to Las Cruces NM and decided to stop.  We’ve driven around four hundred miles today and I think we can make San Diego Monday as long as we don’t have any problems.

We were both tired tonight and went to sleep around 9PM and it is till kind of light outside!   Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment