Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday June 23rd 2012

Actually this is Saturday morning and I’m going to try to post another session of our blog.

We took down the camp yesterday morning after breakfast. Jacob had to go to work and Kim took Alexa and Jake into town to see Jacob’s lobsters. I think Jacob is writing a thesis on the lobsters.  I didn’t read it but he had it bound and ready for publishing.  I think he was the only one to write a thesis and his teachers said it wasn’t necessary but he wanted to do it.

Seemed like it was a lot easier to put the camp up than to take it down. We had a lot of “stuff” to pack up…

112_3942

112_3943

112_3944

112_3945

Well, it took a couple of hours to take it down and we left there around 11AM and they hadn’t packed their cars yet.  We wanted to get on the road.  Thought about going to Northern California to see the Redwood trees and to see Daniel and Rachel but we got as far as Solvang and decided to head for home.  I want to be home now.  The vacation is over. One day we will make a trip of it to see the Redwoods and maybe go on to Alaska. Maybe!

I had taken a few pictures in Solvang, think I will put a couple in here.

112_3913

We bought some pastries here at this place so I figured I needed a picture of it.  Linda, Dee, Kim, Bren, Alexa, Jake, Jared and Gianna.  Nice and warm today.

112_3903

OK, now for our first leg of the trip.  What a weird set of roads California has!  We don’t have a map and we wanted to get to Interstate 40 to come home a different way.  We got lost at least four times but now at Victorville it is looking like we may find the Interstate later today.  Taking a long time to get out of California!

We got a motel room and went across the street to a Mexican restaurent and we both got a burrito.  Very good!  I don’t like this section of town but so far things are OK.

We are both really beat.  Been a long day so I am going to say, yes, Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment