Monday, June 11, 2012

Sunday June 10th 2012

We got a pretty good nights sleep and I went outside this morning (Las Cruces NM) and it is a beautiful day.  I think it must be around 70 degrees, give or take, and just as clear and nice outside as you would ever want it to be.  Had a little to eat and got on the road.  I wanted to fill up with gas and I had remembered a gas station from a couple of years ago but I couldn’t find it so we got on I-10 and headed west.  To make a long story short I had a hard time finding a gas station.  Finally stopped at a tourist trap and got a gallon, yes a gallon, for $4.09!  Not cheap gas for sure.  We finally stopped at Deming and got gas.  It isn’t cheap here either $3.57 a gallon. We asked about a church and the lady gave us directions.  Went to the First Baptist Church of Deming.  Nice church.  The acoustics weren’t good and had a hard time understanding the preacher.  The were having an enchilada dinner afterward and we thought about staying but decided not to. Got a picture of the inside of the church if I downloaded it…

What a bummer.  I didn’t download the pictures and the batteries are now dead, but, I have a whole bag of batteries, but I don’t know where they are. I sure hope I brought them.  I was planning on it but then my plans get changed once in awhile because of my great memorySad smile…  Maybe later..

We traveled on and made it all the way to Tucson AZ.  Decided to stop for the night.  Been a pretty long day and I figure that tomorrow, even though it is over 400 miles to SD  I think we can make it OK.

We are trying a Red Roof Inn on the West side of Tucson, will miss the traffic in the morning I hope.  The motel isn’t new but it has been remodeled and we are the first ones to rent this room!  Smells new, smells like plaster.  Nice room though and the air conditioner works well.  It is about 102 again today and the air feels nice.  I guess there is a forest fire in Mexico and the smoke is blowing this way.  I believe that tomorrow will be hot all the way to the mountains just east of San Diego.  Long day but should go fine. 

Guess that’s about it, no pictures today…Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment