Sunday, June 10, 2012

Friday June 8th 2012

Leaving Tulsa this morning heading to Amarillo.  Shouldn’t be to long a drive. We wanted to split the drive from Sikeston to Amarillo into partially equal days.  We stopped at a rest area. I need to get out once in awhile to stretch and wake up….

112_3798

112_3794

I thought the windmill made a nice centerpiece in the rest area or welcome center whatever it was.

We stopped in Amarillo at the Super 8 and got a room then went to see Evelyn, Linda’s sister in law.  Had a good visit and then when her daughter, Debbie, got back we went to the hospital to see Bobby.  He doesn’t look good…

112_3799

Evelyn had polio when she was young and has had to use crutches almost all her life.  Talked to Bobby about Jesus and he said he had asked Him to be his Savior and I can’t say anymore than that.  We don’t know him very well.  We only got to visit every couple of years but I will take his word for his Salvation.  I got to pray with him and I’m not sure what he thought about that either.

We went back to Evelyn’s house and visited for another hour or so then headed back to the motel.  Linda had made egg salad and we bought a couple small loaves of bread at a Mexican bakery.  The bakery made us both drool.  Wow did it smell good!!!!

Couldn’t hardly believe that Linda got tired and went to bed before I did.  It was quite a day though, a tough day and she was really tired.  I was to so I’m going to say Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment