Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday June 25th 2012

We got on the road about 9AM today. Stopped at McDonald’s for something to eat even though the motel has a quick start breakfast. They have toast, cereal and waffles.  I don’t care much for the waffles and didn’t feel like cereal so I thought McDonald’s would be good.  Linda got a sausage muffin and I got a couple sausage egg burritos.  They were really good!  I was surprised!

It is getting warm already and it is still pretty early.  I think it is about 90 degrees and supposed to get warmer.

We filled up with gas before leaving Albuquerque and it was about $3.39 a gallon and as we drove on it got higher.  We filled up in Amarillo and it was $3.19 a gallon and saw it down the road for $3.14 but that is OK it was still a pretty good price.

We had a good day of travel.  Linda read a dog book with very short stories about dogs and their masters to me.  It was very good.  Reminded us of our dog(s).

We were going to stop for the night in Elk City but the price of the motels were just ridiculous. We drove on to Clinton and are staying in a little motel that isn’t the greatest but is clean and looks pretty nice inside.  Smells a lot like Curry!  Wonder why???

I have time to mess around on the computer tonight because Linda is watching the Bachelorette and I just don’t like the showSmile….

Let me see if I can find a picture to put in here…by the way the temperature made it up to 107 degrees and right now it is 104 and it is almost 7PM.  Hope it cools off tonight!!

112_3916

Dee is kind of like me, gets cold really easy.  This was at El Capitan Campground… Brenna, Kim and Dee

112_3918

This is still at the campground and was an experiment that Kim wanted to try.  It is omelet in a bag.  It turned out pretty good actually.  We added what we wanted like onions, peppers, bacon and cheese.  Tasted good, the ones in the frying pans may taste a little better but these were good.

The time has come now to say Night Y’all…. so Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment