Monday, June 4, 2012

Saturday June 2nd 2012

Well, I never quite know what I’m going to do when I get up, especially on a day off.  I started looking at the pump house and figured I may as well work on it.  I figure I have until this Fall when we go to Texas to get it finished.  The water is working and I’m pretty sure it isn’t going to freeze this summer.  The insulation went a little better than I thought it would.  The plastic sheeting went a little better than I thought it would.  Actually the plastic sheeting went very well.  Working with a twenty five foot by ten foot sheet of plastic isn’t really easy but it went pretty fast and I covered all the inside and the top plus the top on the outside and I used every bit of the roll of plastic!  I put the plastic in for an air barrier.  May not have been the right place to put it but this winter will put it to the test.

I quit for awhile to take a break and decided that I needed to put at least one piece of steel siding on so I could hook up the water bib.  Not easy for me to cut a hole in the steel but I got it done.  I put the sheet on and put the bib in and got it hooked up.  I don’t really trust my work.  I am using a union that just has rubber and nuts to tight it up.  Well, I have had it come loose a few times and it really makes a mess.  This time, so far, it has worked just fine.  I turn the water off to the bib because I still don’t trust it.

I finished putting the steel on the bottom part and took a break.  Figured I would quit for the day, but no, I had two pieces of steel left to go and I just had to go out and finish it up.  Got a couple of pictures…

112_3780

Looks kind of funny to have a ladder to work on this doesn’t it?  The plastic on the top inside I just couldn’t reach!

112_3782

I’m going to call this the finished product even though it isn’t finished. I still have to put the corners on and finish the insulation on the inside.  Maybe before we leave for Texas?

Not much else going on today, I was really pleased with the way the pump house turned out and I’m tired again so will take it easy the rest of the night…..Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment