Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wednesday March 21st 2012

I wasn’t really raining but sprinkling this morning.  I got Linda up a little after 7AM so we could get on the road.  I wanted to make it home today if at all possible. She didn’t want to get up so I told her when I was ready I would go ahead and leaveSmile…She got up!

We got on the road about 8:15 which was really good.  More rain, not good! We made it to Texarkana but the rain started again.  I pulled into a truck stop to get gas and this place is definitely not camper friendly.  The one across the road was worse, I don’t think I could have gotten to the pumps. At least I filled up with fuel and we got back on the road again.  RAIN!!! I can’t believe how hard it rained.  We ran across a lot of accidents and some road work.  Can’t believe how the traffic backs up when it goes from two lanes down to one.  Traffic backs up for miles!  This was in both directions!

After we made it to interstate 55 the rain was down to a sprinkle and the roads were finally drying out.

We filled up with gas in Kewanee MO and the most I could get was twenty seven gallons which was almost $100.  Linda figured out what we paid for gas on the way back and it was around $410 I think, which is about $190 less than I figured it would be.  Still only getting 8MPG though if that.

We pulled into our house around 6:10PM which was a lot earlier than I thought it would be!  Had a pretty good trip but we are glad to be home.

Taking it easy tonight.  I unloaded the refrigerator and freezer and took a few things into the house. I think it will probably take a month to unload the camper.  Next year it will just be the car.  Going to have to cut down just a little on what we take with usSmile.  Have a great night y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment