Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tuesday March 27th 2012

Very chilly this morning.  It is cloudy and looks like it could rain.  I think it is supposed to make it into the 70s today though.  Sure doesn’t seem possible right now!

I can’t believe what I’m doing, or not doing!  I haven’t taken any pictures up here or at least very few.  We have been so busy and with visiting and everything I forget to take pictures!  This is a real bummer!

We met Frank and Maggie and Don and Marilyn for lunch at Parkway this noon.  We had a great visit. The lunch was OK, I had a rib eye steak sandwich which was actually very good, I think the steak probably weighed about two ounces but was very tasty.  Linda didn’t care for hers.  She got tostados I think.  She said they needed some Mexican flavorings in it.  The fellowship was great though, lots of laughs and sharing of things going on around here now and in the past.

We headed down to Morrison to see Tim and Connie (no pictures of course).  Got to see Joey and Candy’s little girl Vanessa which I probably spelled wrong but again, no pictures.  Vanessa is eight months old and a real cutie!  She smiles a lot and she isn’t shy.  I got to hold her for awhile and sit on the floor with her. 

Connie made Mexican Spaghetti for supper.  Haven’t had that for a long time and it was really good. Tim bought a chocolate turtle pie which was delicious and they had some “fried” ice cream, that was the flavor, which  I thought  was good but they didn’t like it.  We couldn’t take it, but if we had had a place to keep it I would have taken it!

We played a game of zilch after the “Dancing With the Stars” was over.  Linda won the game and by the time the game was over it was almost 10PM so we need to head back to the motel.  I wasn’t looking forward to the drive in the dark but it went fine.  Even the oncoming cars didn’t bother my eyes.

All in all we are having a great time up here in Illinois but I think our home is now in Missouri.  Sure nice to visit family and friends though. Missouri is friendly enough, we just haven’t really made many close friends there.  Now Texas is another story, I think we have as many friends in Texas as we do here in Illinois. Well, they probably aren’t in Texas now, they come from all over the US and Canada, which reminds me of Andre and Norlita. They are from Quebec and he is French and she is Phillipino.  Love to sit and talk with them, they are really friendly and being from such a different part of North America we seem to have a lot in common.  Good friends and looking forward to seeing all of them next Fall.

Well, guess that is about all I have to say for today, as Jean Louise, (sister), says I am pretty wordy but I probably don’t say muchSmile.  Night Y’all….

1 comment:

  1. Joel, I am amazed! If I don't take pictures, I can hardly remember or think of anything to write. The pictures help me remember. Really good blog post, but it does need pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete