Saturday, March 17, 2012

Thursday and Friday March 15th & 16th

This morning is coffee morning again.  Bernie and Elinor helped, or co-hosted the coffee this morning with Al and Nancy.  Had a great time.  We usually have a good time though.

After coffee we stopped at Bernie and Elinor’s and they wanted to go to Polga, the flea market, to do a little looking around.  We tried a Spiro papa which is a spiral cut potato deep fried and then you put on ketchup, mustard, hot sauce or mayo.  It is very good. I could have probably eaten three or four, they were that good!

Bernie and I sat most of the time under a roof and waited for the women to get done shopping. Linda got a chain for her rock that Mary made for her this morning.

112_3561

We stopped for an ice cream cone at Stars.  We waited for quite awhile to get them and the manager gave them to us.  Now it is probably close to ninety outside and the ice cream wasn’t exactly solid.  I tasted good but it was melting faster than we could eat it.  Bernie almost lost his and he had ice cream all over his hands and feet.  The picnic table had lots of holes in it!  We had a good time though.

We didn’t do a lot the rest of the day.  Tried to keep cool.  We told Bob we would be leaving Monday and he said he would get the meter reading and the bill to us Sunday night.  Sounds like a plan to me!

112_3551

This is a picture of Linda and I at a grotto in Rio Grande City.  The tour wasn’t exactly great but probably saw things that we wouldn’t have seen otherwise. 

Now I can’t remember if I put out a blog yesterday.  HMMM.  Well, I may have missed a day but that is what we did was the tour to Rio Grande City and we ate at a Mexican Restaurant called Caro’s.  It was OK, different but good enough.  I think we are used to good old Tex-Mex!

Not going to do anything tonight, maybe go to Wal Mart for a little while. Sparky stayed home.

Guess it’s time to say night y’all…

Well, I guess I did forget yesterday so I’m combining yesterday and today.  I may get it right some daySmile

No comments:

Post a Comment