Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday March 19th 2012

Today  is the day we leave for Sikeston.  It is pretty nice this morning but the wind is blowing pretty hard.  Hopefully it will blow us home!

Well, it isn’t blowing us home, actually it is blowing us all over the road. We find out now that there is a bad storm coming out of the West and now it will hit us tomorrow around Houston.  Not good!

We got stuff put away and got the car on the dolly with a lot of problems. I have new tie down straps that are really different but are working well, after they are hooked up.  Test the lights….right light and brake light won’t work. I think about half the campground showed up to help with the problem.  I couldn’t even get in there to work on it.  They replaced one of the receptacles in the hookup line.

112_3580

They are working and I’m taking pictures.  Took probably an hour to get it fixed and working properly.  They did a good job and I’m really thankful for friends that really like to help.

We got on the road about 10:45AM and stopped at the Flying J to fill up with gas.  Didn’t fill up on the way down so it was kind of expensive and we had run the generator a couple of times so I figure 8.1 MPG was pretty good.  Next fill up was 8.9MPG.  Not good but better.

We stopped for the night at Shady Oaks RV Park, in Edna TX, same place we stopped last year on the way home.  Now I can’t remember where we stopped the next night.  I will have to look it up in the blog I guess.  Had a petty good trip except for the wind.  Now tomorrow may be a different story. Hopefully the rain won’t be real bad.  Just have to wait and see.

Got a couple more pictures this morning…

112_3581

The ladies, Linda, Mary, Elinor, Marsha and Joan are here to look for rocks, say good bye talk etc…

112_3590

Dale and Velda from Nebraska…

112_3591

Burnie and Elinor from Michigan…

112_3588

This is Jack, Joe, Andre, Dale and Burnie.  I think the camper is fixed here…

Linda is watching dancing so I am working and playing on the computer.

Guess that is about all for tonight….Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment