Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wednesday March 24th 2010

Today we will finish our journey back to Sikeston.  Got to sleep in a little longer today.  It is cloudy but not cold.  I think it is supposed to get into the 60s today.  Should be nice driving, the wind in not blowing to hard and it’s out of the North.  I haven’t been able to post my blog for a few days now but will try to get on today.  We have really enjoyed our stay with Ken and Ruth, they are really great hosts.  Had to take a few pictures…..

100_1575

This was quite a nice looking spread.  Ruth fixed yogurt with granola and fruit.  Very good.  The other things are the cinnamon rolls.  Had a great breakfast.

100_1578

Ken and Sammy J.  Sammy is quite a dog.  He didn’t like us at first but got used to us.  Sure reminds us of Oscar.

100_1581

Here we are all packed and ready to head out saying our good byes to Ken and Ruth.  Had to get a couple last pictures.  Thanks again for the good time Ken and Ruth. I will be waiting for the pictures of the bread!!!

I think we got started about 10:30 and was really a good day for traveling.  I was tired for some reason but the trip went well.  Going from Illinois into Missouri the gas price dropped twenty cents a gallon.  We did good on gas mileage though.

We stopped in Cape Girardeau at the Toyota dealer to get the oil changed.  They were to busy to do it so I had the service manager show me how to get the “service” light off on the dash and we went to Sikeston to get the oil changed and the car washed.  Supposed to rain tomorrow though.

We made it home about 5PM after stopping at Wal Mart for groceries. I went to church at 6:30 then home by 7:45.  Talked on the phone with Al Cabrera about Corp of Engineer Park work.  He gave me some really good insight on the jobs.  Not sure I will apply though.  Sounds like lots of work and not much play time.  Well, we are going to relax and then get rested up from the trip…

1 comment:

  1. Love your table layout picture! Don has made yogurt/granola/fruit parfaits before and they are yummmmmy.

    Blessings galore.

    ReplyDelete