Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday March 1st 2010

Today is going to be kind of a busy day.   I always do my reading first then check the computer but today I had to……

100_1266

make some bread.  We used our last piece last night. The loaf on the left is cinnamon bread.  It was a small loaf but tastes great.  That was the start of the day, I checked our online checking and found that we hadn’t had a payment taken out for the camper.  Had this all set up when we were in Coolidge AZ.  Had to make a couple phone calls to get it straightened out.  There wasn’t any problem, I had made an extra payment and they won’t take a payment out until it is due, this month.  OK we aren’t close to one of their branches so will have to go along with what they say.

This next picture is kind of gross, not like the one I missed in Canyon Lake TX where the Turkey Buzzards were having a feast (I really wanted a picture of that), but this is close enough, I got to eat this,,YUMMY!!!

100_1267

Doesn’t that look delicious???   That is Pork Boudin, Well, it was when I took the picture.  I ate it all, and it wasn’t to bad, a lot better than it looks. This is a Creole sausage with pork and rice and a few other things probably not listed.  Oh, the bread is fresh home made by yours truly, me!  We met a girl in Wal Mart when we were getting yeast and the poor girl couldn’t make home made bread.  She bakes all kinds of stuff but couldn’t make bread and it is so easy, just takes a little time.

This afternoon it got cloudy and then started raining and the wind started blowing, I’m sure glad I’m not traveling in this kind of weather.  Metairie LA has gotten about 2.5 inches of rain in the last few hours with more to come.  I think we may have gotten about 1 inch so far, maybe more.

 

Going to stay all snuggled up tonight, hopefully we won’t have to go out until tomorrow…….

1 comment: