Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saturday March 20th 2010

100_1496

What a bummer!!  Not supposed to snow!!!  Supposed to be Spring!!!  Guess I am just lucky!!  Woke up this morning and it’s snowing.  It was forecast so I really am not too surprised.  Did get a good nights sleep.

Linda talked to her sister Connie and they are going to be busy today so we won’t see them this trip, maybe next time.

100_1499

This is my little (?) brother Dennis and his wife Joan.  We were surprised to see them but Marian called all my brothers and invited them to the get together at the restaurant in Franklin Grove.  Dennis works for Budweiser in Dixon and  Joan manages the VFW in Dixon.  Was really glad they came to the lunch (he paid) but we don’t get together all that often so it was really nice and if you happen to read the Dennis, “Thank You”.

100_1504

This is Sr Margaret Anne (Floto) my next oldest sibling and the youngest of the 2 girls.  Sr Anthony Clare (Floto) is the oldest of the 2 and she passed away last December (2009).  I will write a separate article about her later.  Sr Margaret Anne went into the convent right after high school so it has been quite a long while.  She celebrated her Jubilee, 50 years, a few years back, and if anybody knows me they will know I can’t remember when it was….

100_1502

This is my next older brother Ed, he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and I think maybe it is stuck!

100_1503

OK he finally took the spoon out of his mouth.  This is his better half Larena.  They are residents of Franklin Grove and have lived there for eons. Can’t remember when they moved there but it has been many years ago. They have 3 girls, many grandkids and a few great grandkids.  I’m not going to try to tell how many, I have trouble keeping track of my own.

100_1506

This is Marian sitting next to Linda.  Marian and my Dad were married for almost 30 years!!  That is pretty awesome considering my dad was in his 70s when they got married!!.  She and Dad made an awesome couple and I think my Dad lived to be 100 with her help, don’t think he would have without her.  We had a great visit today and was glad to see everyone.  Last time was last Fall I think.   Well, tonight will be a leisure night, watch some TV and get some sleep.  Tomorrow is another day and we have things planned for tomorrow also…….

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see pictures of your family. I'm catching up on my blog reading tonight.

    ReplyDelete