Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sr Anthony Clare (Floto) OSF

100_1508

This is my older sister Sister Anthony Clare Floto (OSF).  She was born on September 23rd 1932 in Dixon, Illinois.   She had gone to school to be a nurse in Rockford, Illinois. She traveled and worked in Colorado and California then returned to Rockford as a nurse.  She joined the Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart on September 27th 1959 and I am not sure if this is when this picture was taken.  I’m sorry to say that I was quite young when this all took place and I don’t have much recollection of all this.   We did get a lot closer as we (I) got older.  Sr Anthony Clare passed away December 18th 2009 just finishing her 50th Jubilee.

100_1480

This was the article for her 50th Jubilee.

100_0205

I think this was in 2008 when Ed, Larena, Linda and I went to Mokena to see Sr Anthony Clare and Sr Margaret Anne.  Sister was sick in this picture even though she looked quite well.

100_0208

Had another Sister take this picture.

100_0235

I know that I have had this picture posted before but I think this was the last time I saw my sister.  This is the family that is left.  Geoff on the left represents Kenneth my oldest brother, Barbara, Fred, Ed, Betty, me and Dennis.   I had us stand in order of our age, Geoff representing the oldest and Dennis the youngest.  This was at our Father’s funeral in May 2009.

I would really like to have put in a picture of the entire family and I thought I had one but I think I will have to get my brother Ed, actually Larena, to get the picture for me.

100_0212

This is our Dad, has to be close to 100 in this picture.

This is a picture of Dad & Marian.  He still had a sense of humor at this time.  When we walked into the room and said “hi” he asked us who the “old lady” was with us.  My Dad didn’t crack a smile, but I couldn’t help laughing about that.  He knew her and Marian said he had never said anything like that before!  I remember a couple of jokes my Dad told and one was a little on the risqué side but mostly his humor was kind of dry.

I wanted to get a short piece in here about my sister Sr Anthony Clare, and wish that I could write more and have more pictures but I don’t have a lot of pictures or the memories that I can add.  Oh, there is one more thing, a Christmas letter we had waiting for us when we got home.  I am not going to try to put it on the computer I will just type what it said:

Joel & Linda,

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below,

with tiny lights, like Heaven’s stars, reflecting on the snow

the sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tear

for I am spending Christmas with Jesus this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,

but the sounds of music can’t compare

with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring,

for it is beyond description, to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me,

I see the pain inside your heart.

But I am not so far away, we really aren’t apart,

so be happy for me, dear one, you know I hold you dear

and be glad I’m spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I send you each a memory of my undying love,

after all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold,

it was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and stay close to each other, as my Farther said to do,

for I can’t count the blessings or love He has for each of you.

So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear,

remember, I am spending Christmas with Jesus this year.

Love,

Sister Anthony Clare

THAT was good.  That is also something to think about.  Spending time with Jesus or the alternative which isn’t a good choice.  Love you Sister, keep us in your prayers

3 comments:

  1. I had the opportunity to work with your sister at St. Anne's in Los Angeles. She was a really lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I knew Sr. Anthony Clare. She was always so much fun when I would go on retreats at her motherhouse. We used to make cards for people and recycle old ones. She was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete