Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tuesday March 2nd 2010

Today we plan on going to Mobile AL to see Bunny.  We worked with Bunny at Beech Bend Park in Bowling Green KY.  She is an amazing woman.  I think she is about 5 feet tall probably 110 lbs and drives a motor home that is probably 38 ft long and pulls a car behind.  Gutsy lady!!

100_1269

100_1276

100_1288

The top picture is Bunny and her friend Sandy.  They have been friends for 25 years.  Bunny works at Camping World somewhere in Florida, Pensacola I think.  We made plans to meet today at the Bass Pro Shop in Mobile, Spanish Fork actually, and just visit for awhile.  Tuesday was good for Bunny because Sandy’s husband let her go along for the ride.  Tuesday is their day for doing things.  This Bass Pro Shop was quite unique, the middle picture we were standing in front of an aquarium, salt water, and had the most beautiful fish in it.

100_1283 100_1277

The pictures doesn’t really do the fish justice.  They are beautiful.  The bottom picture is a fish that is poisonous but they say it is really tasty.

We left Bunny and Sandy about 3PM and headed for Biloxi MS where we will stay for 3 nights  We have reservations at the Isle of Capri and wouldn’t you know it, even with the Tom Tom I couldn’t find it.  I stopped and asked for directions then went to the one we thought it was and went into the hotel registration and had to ask them if I was in the right place!!!  They had one sign on top of the building which said “ISLE”.   Guess they changed the name.  Worse than that, I made reservations at the Gold Coast for 3 nights and when I started looking on the computer this morning for it I couldn’t find it.  I finally called (didn’t open until 8AM) and found out that the Gold Coast was in Las Vegas!!  To far to drive that is for sure.   Had to cancel the reservations, told them that I couldn’t drive that far and couldn’t get there anyway. Their web site didn’t give any directions (to MS).  We got here OK but this place doesn’t really cater to frugal (cheap) people like me.  It is a long way from the parking lot to the room but we made it in one trip.

100_1291

100_1292

This is a night shot from the window.  The setting is pretty nice and I just held the camera next to the window and this is what I got!  May take another one in the daylight tomorrow to see what it is like during the day.

The weather today was cold and very windy.  When we left Spanish Fork I think the temp was about 44 degrees and the wind was blowing about 25 MPH.  Not a real nice day.  Tomorrow is supposed to be better, at least the sun is supposed to shine.  Not going to be warm but a warm up by the weekend will get the temps back around 70….  Looking forward to that.

1 comment: