Monday, June 17, 2013

Sunday June 16th 2013

This is Father’s Day and not sure how many will be in church and not sure if we will have enough for a class.  Linda and I went in early and I was still wondering if there would be enough for a class but the drifted in and we ended up with six in our class.

I had a brain storm!  Not sure it was a good one so I asked the class if they were up to a challenge???  The challenge was to go to the young class, teens, as challenge them to the eight memory versus.  We have about eight weeks left to memorize the eight versus.  Easy huh?  I have been working on these versus for three weeks now and had about three memorized but we are changing to the NIV version and I was memorizing the NLT version, (I think that is easier).  They class wanted to use the NIV version so here I going starting all over again and it seems like the NLT is a lot easier, at least for me.  Oh, when our class left the other class I made a little statementSmile  “we are going to stomp you”!  Almost everyone in  my class told me we were going to loseSad smile.  No confidence at all.  The teacher of the teens told me he was having a really hard time getting them interested in the class so I thought this may be a little incentive for them to start participating in classes.

Our class went extremely well, we are very slow, but that is OK because I would rather be slow and learn than to rush through it and not get the meaning.  Our class title is “Survival Kit” and the teens class is the same. Even with the small class we had people were participating and helping out. I had given an assignment for this week and I don’t think anyone did it but me.  I figure as the “teacher” I better do the thing I asked them to do.  Well, if we had had more time we would have done it right then in class but the time got away from us  so they still have the assignment for next week. It was a very simple assignment and it was to write some of there feelings about John 14:1-3.  We have certain questions to answer like how does in influence what I believe, how I feel or the way I behave.  Is there an example to follow or avoid? Is there a command to obey? Is there a promise to claim? Now to explain the questions, we answer the questions as part of scripture study in our “quiet time”.

Mark had the service for Father’s Day and he did an excellent job.  Very interesting service he put together.  I think everyone enjoyed it.

Linda and I were going to go to the Chinese place to eat until we say the parking lot and we decided to wait until tomorrow.  We went to Subway instead.  The breakfast sandwich really hit the spot.

We took it easy this afternoon.  Kim, Dee and Bren all called to wish me a happy Father’s Day.  That was really special.  Got to hear about all the happenings in their part of the country. 

Tonight I went to church at Morehouse 1st Baptist Church.  I enjoy going there, the preacher’s name is Randy and he puts out some pretty good sermons.

Tonight we aren’t going to do much.  Watched some of the Emmy Awards.  Not my kind of TV but it was OK.

I think I may have taken a nap before going to bed but I think I will sleep OK.  Night Y’all…

PS  The spelling and stuff may  be all messed up so I’m blaming it on the computer.  I haven’t been rereading so there may be a few mistakes….

No comments:

Post a Comment