Sunday, August 1, 2010

Saturday July 31st 2010

This is the last day of July!! Our countdown will start tomorrow! August 30th should be 30 days, give or take a couple.

The day is starting out nice, it is sunny and warm.  I told Nick I would help them today. After seeing the list of refreshes it looks like it may be a long day.  Nick asked if I would do the refreshes and cabin in the main park which is fine, doesn’t seem like much with the list we have but I will give it a try.  I stopped to see Maggie before going to work and I did the two arrivals at the Lodge which looked like they had already been done. I got the cart and went to the main park and started doing the refreshes because the Deluxe Cabin hadn’t checked out yet, in fact I was almost done before they checked out so it worked out great. I finished the main park about 11:30 then went over and helped with the Lodge until lunch time. Hope it was somewhat of a help to Nick and Sherry.

After lunch Linda and I went to the $100 store to look around.  I’m not sure why we went there but we did.  On the way we stopped at Indian Point to look around.  That place it big.  I didn’t even know it was there. Lots of motels and RV Parks down there.  It seems to be a long ways from everything though.

Our little refrigerator outside works pretty good (in the shade Nick). I had put some ground pork in the freezer and then took it out this morning and just left it in the refrigerator to keep it from freezing to hard.  It was pretty well frozen tonight when I wanted to grill it.  We brought our little George Foreman Grill from home (got it for Christmas) and this is the first time that I have used it.  Works great!

100_0905

Wondered why my hand was in the picture, oh, I am holding the lid up!  The juice from the pork attracted the bees. Not sure what kind of bees they were but they would get in the drip tray and drown. Now for some reason drown doesn’t look right but my spell check says it is OK. I don’t have a dictionary to look it up either.  So much for that. We really like the pork burgers, got to much salt on these but they still tasted good.

We took it easy the rest of the night, watched some TV and relaxed.  I got tired before the weather but I’m sure they said it was going to be hot and humid.  Probably didn’t miss very much. Y’all have great dreams……

No comments:

Post a Comment