Saturday, August 7, 2010

Friday August 6th 2010

Today we go to Skaggs Hospital to get some blood tests done on Linda. We don’t have an appointment but are supposed to be there early. I got Linda up quite early, for her, about 7AM and tomorrow I am going to get her up earlier!!  We have another appointment tomorrow.  Anyway, we got there and walked from one end to the other in the hospital.  Nice place, nice tour.  We finally found the right place and got checked in. The people at the hospital are really nice. Linda got in and got her blood tests done and I had to stop at the desk to find out where the name came from for the hospital.  Found out that it was named after the owner of Safeway Super Market chain.  They didn’t know his first name though.

After leaving the hospital we headed back to Branson West. I missed my turn and went through the North part of Branson and here is what we finally got to going to Compton Ridge.  This is in line for Silver Dollar City.

100_0927

We were backed up for miles in this traffic.  It moved but, not very fast. In fact we weren’t moving at all when I took this picture.  Took about a half hour extra to make it back to Compton Ridge.

At the hospital we ran across a bake sale and I had to take a picture of what we bought.  There is blueberry streusel bread, cranberry bread (delicious), pear jam, black raspberry jelly and tomato preserves….

100_0929

If I’m not mistaken, the jellies were $4 per jar and the bread was $3.50 per loaf.  That was pretty decent.

We made a few other stops and didn’t get anything accomplished.  All in all we did a lot of running.  Went to Wal Mart at Branson west and before checking out the lights went out and we stood in line for about 20 minutes and then they closed the store.  HMMMM, no $100 there! We made a few other stops and then went back home.  Oh, we stopped to eat at Danna’s and had a pretty good lunch.  I think we would probably go back there.

We got back home and I decided to take a nap. Didn’t feel to good after the nap so I took a little walk, still didn’t feel to good. We watched the news at 5PM and I couldn’t get my camera out fast enough to get a picture of the President while he was introducing his “new” chief justice or whatever her title is…. Look in the background…

100_0928

In the background in front of the gold curtain is the American Flag.  I think someone told him that is wasn’t good not to have the American Flag for his press conferences.  There was an email going around that didn’t have the flag and there was pictures of past presidents WITH the flag. I guess I got the good part of President O’Bama.

Linda got the call tonight from Dr Bays.  Good news!  She doesn’t have diabetes, yet.  She is borderline and needs to follow a good diet and exercise to keep it in check. She was really glad to hear that it wasn’t full blown already.  That was good news to end the day. We are getting up early tomorrow so I will sign off for now….. Bye Y’all….Oh, I had a comment yesterday about my sister who passed away last year. I know you said you worked with my sister out in Los Angeles at St Anne’s but that must have been a long time ago, I know at the last she worked at Queen of Angel’s in Los Angeles.  Thank you for the comment though. Guess I wonder how you found out about my blog???  Thanks again for the comment…..Joel

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord!! Ok, now, time to buckle down with the diet. So happy she's not diabetic, yet. Praying it can be avoided with diet and walking regularly.

    ReplyDelete